Sunday, November 25, 2007

This too shall pass...

The past few nights have been a little interesting. Clayton has reverted to bouts of fitful sleep and seems to wake every 20 - 60 minutes throughout the night. Needless to say, when baby doesn't sleep, Mama doesn't sleep. Let's hope this will pass soon and he'll go back to sleeping longer stretches. This morning, I was up trying to put Clayton back to sleep for his morning nap for the nth time, when from the kitchen, I heard "That's neat!" from Caroline. I didn't think anything of it. When I went downstairs a minute later, I quickly found out what she found so "neat". We have a rule "only draw on the paper". If you ask her, she will even tell you where she is allowed to draw. This morning, she seemed to have temporarily forgotten that rule and had taken her red crayon and drawn all over the white wall in the kitchen. I mean ALL over. She had also continued her artistic expression all over the wood floor. Thank God for washable crayons. I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone with a toddler.

No comments: