Saturday, February 02, 2008

new word of the day - "frustrated"

Caroline's new "word of the day" is frustrated. I can't recall the first time she said it, but one of the most memorable recent times was when I was letting her "help" me make mac-and-cheese. She helped pour in the milk and put in the butter. I then opened the cheese packet and gave it to her to pour into the pot. Before I could even get a word out, she threw her arms up and bright orange cheese powder flew everywhere...all over my nice white (well, formerly white) cable-knit sweater... all over my pants...all over the kitchen floor...all over Caroline's clothes. It got pretty much everywhere but into the pot. (Needless to say, we had pretty cheeseless mac and cheese that night.) "Oh Caroline!" I groaned. She took one look at me and said "Mama is SO frustrated."
Caroline - you hit the hammer right on the head. Mama was definitely frustrated!

No comments: