Saturday, December 19, 2009

Holiday activities...

This week, we continued celebrating the Christmas season with many fun activities. In addition to our advent calendars and christmas carol sing-a-longs, the kids helped me make chocolate crinkles for my cookie exchange with my women's small group. The had a ball rolling the dough in powdered sugar!

We then decorated christmas sugar cookies with Godsisters Sofia and Eva and Godmother Erica. It is hilarious watching toddlers decorate cookies. I think everyone frosted their tongues more than the cookies, and the amount of sprinkles consumed was...well, more than any one person should consume.
Here are the girls in the christmas "smockets" I made them...(well almost. I still have to sew on Caroline's pocket. Yes smock + pocket = smocket). I will be making Clayton an apron too, but using a different pattern that's not so girly.
We got to go through the holiday lights display in Vernon Hills at the Cuneo museum (which I highly recommend if you've never done it.)
Then we decorated gingerbread houses with the Sontag family.
Austin even helped...by sucking on a gingerbread boy. He really was quite happy doing it. I think "the look" is one of worry that I will take the cookie away!
Our masterpiece

No comments: