Friday, April 02, 2010

Miscellaneous

What have we been up to this week? Austin has been continuing to practice walking. He'll take 5 or 6 steps before dropping to his knees and crawling. He loves to practice walking to me and then turning around and walking to Kevin. He actually doesn't walk, he runs!

Austin also loves going into my cabinets and pulling everything out.

Clayton continues with his love of the vacuum and still plays with it almost every day.

He LOVES his "toddler" bed (actually his crib with one of the sides taken down.) He gets so excited and loves climbing in. I have been very pleasantly surprised that he has stayed in it for every nap and night. I told him he couldn't get out of bed until I came to get him, and he's complied! (Amazing, given how uncompliant he is with so many other things...but I digress). Doesn't he looks sweet?

And my little boobaloo loves sharing a room with his big brother. Lately, he's been calling him "Ca Ca" and following him around. He loves to go over and give him big snuggles (and vice versa)! They are so loving to eachother. I know the fighting stage will come, but for now, they are nothing but buddies.

I got Clayton to actually play with a ball! He seems to like soccer. (When we try to play catch, it usually lasts about 7 seconds). I LOVE seeing him play with actual toys (and not pretending they are vacuums or water towers.)

Caroline still loves to play dress up and now involves Clayton, telling him "We're going to the ballet. We have to get dressed in our fancy clothes!" At that point, Caroline puts on a dress-up dress and Clayton dons his cowboy gear.

And me? KIds. Kids. and more Kids. And Dancing with the Stars...and Life Unexpected and Greys Anatomy and Medium. I did manage to make the Barefoot Contessa's blueberry streusel muffins and Recipe Girl's banana brown sugar muffins. MMMMMM!

No comments: