Saturday, August 21, 2010

First big boy haircut!

Clayton got his first big boy haircut! (Up to this point, I have been trimming his hair in the bathtub!)


We also said "goodbye" to pacis. (We've been telling him that when he turns three, he has to stop sucking pacifiers so his teeth will grow correctly.)
He was very mature about it and we went over and over this for weeks leading up to the big day. Then when the day came, he helped me put them in a box and put them in the mailbox for the mailman, so he could pick them up and take them to a new baby that needed them.

He asked about them a few times that day...if they were still there in the mailbox. He asked for them again at bedtime...even cried a little. He fell asleep without them and seemed to do okay. That was day one. Since then, it's gotten much worse. He's been extra whiny, clingy, and fussy. I hear "I want PACI!" probably 100 times a day. He has even gone into nasty little tirades where he rants "I'm gonna go TAKE them from that baby. I want my pacis!" The saddest moments are the tearful laments "I don't WANT to be three!" Poor kid...he's now hating age three all because of its paci-less existence. It's been about a week and it hasn't gotten better yet. Hopefully next week he'll forget about them? (I couldn't throw them away. They are hiding in my car. Lord, please give me the strength to not give in and give them back to him!)

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Don't give in. He will get over it. My son cried for about 6 days and then it was all over.