Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Royal Wedding!

I admit it. I am one of those people that was obsessed with the royal wedding. I set my DVR up to tape it on at least 4 different channels. I didn't get up at 4, but I did get up at 6:30 to start watching all the coverage - and I mean ALL the coverage. I love all the pomp & circumstance, the traditions, the castles & carriages, ...and the royals themselves. I find british and "royal" history fascinating. I thought the wedding was magical. Prince Willam was dashing and Princess Catherine couldn't have looked more beautiful and poised. The ceremony itself really impressed me. The music and hymns were gorgeous, and I thought the messages the priests gave were very meaningful and truthful. Westminster Abbey is such an amazing cathedral. I would love to visit it with my husband and children. It made me a bit mournful of the fact that our protestant churchs (while many are wonderful and very grounded in the truth) are so stripped down of architectural beauty, traditional music that has been sung for centuries, and other ceremonial aspects of services of old.
Okay -I'll get off my soap box and get on to the pictures.
Here is Princess Caroline, watching the wedding in her wedding dress and tiara.

How fairy tale can you get? I just love it!




No comments: