Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Day!

I am so thankful. I am so thankful for my wonderful family, for my health, for my loving husband, for my beautiful children, for my home,... The list goes on and on. I am truly blessed. :)

We spent the morning preparing food and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

 Our Thanksgiving Table

 Thanksgiving Turkey place settings

 The food - Roast Turkey with truffle butter and white wine-truffle gravy, sausage-herb stuffing, mashed potatoes, dijon green beans, and cranberry sauce.  I was a little nervous about trying a new turkey recipe, but it worked out alright. I can't believe I cooked a 13 and a half lb bird in less than 2 hours! I swear - it wasn't raw. In fact, it may have even been cooked a little too long. Crazy, right?


We hosted my grandma, my Aunt Joan, and my cousin Brady.
 Brady was a big hit - playing with the kids and giving Caroline shots of whipped cream.  After dinner, Clayton even whispered in Brady's ear "You're the best!"






The kids put on a little show for the adults ...
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: