Friday, December 05, 2014

Soccer season comes to a close

Is it bad to say this... "I am SO relieved that soccer season is over. "  It is a lot of fun for the kids, it provides them with a place where they are actually allowed and encouraged to run (unlike in my living room), and it provides good teamwork building.  However, a lot of the time, it is COLD at those games. It even snowed at one of the games. Despite growing up in this area for my whole life, my blood is thin and I HATE being cold. I mean really really hate it.  Yes - you can call me a wimp. I'm perfectly fine with that.
The kids, overall, had good seasons. It was Caroline's first time ever playing soccer (and a team sport, for that matter.) Her learning curve was quite steep and she learned so much.
Clayton did a lot better this season, mostly because they introduced the postitions of goalie and defense. He is MUCH better at goalie and defense because sprinting down the field and scoring a goal is just not his thing.  Austin also did a great job and is quite the fast little runner.
I am so proud of all three of my little soccer studs.







The fort that Clayton built with the other boys at the soccer field. 


No comments: