Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Everyone loves pizza!

So, after a nice big dinner of cooked carrots, beef, beans, and baby cereal, Caroline did her baby sign for "all done". Out of the highchair and into the family room we went. She sat playing as I walked into the kitchen to put her dishes into the sink to soak. Literally 15 seconds later, I walked back into the family room to find her fists grasping something and red stuff all around her mouth. I rushed toward her to make sure that it was nothing harmful... And just what has she gotten her little mitts on? It's the strip of french bread pizza that I had brought in with me 15 seconds earlier. She had reached the middle of the coffee table and had grabbed my last strip of pizza. She had obviously gnawed at the top of it, getting sauce and topping and chunks of bread into and all over her mouth. Then she had held tightly to the rest of it, fingers squeezing it into mush, while she proceeded to get down from the coffee table and crawl across our nice family room rug (hopefully sauce side up) toward the kitchen.
This is why I sometimes call her my little bandit! It's the little stories like this that just have to make you laugh.

No comments: