Monday, August 20, 2007

Rewinding back to August 8th...

On the morning of August 8th, I woke up at about 4:00 am not feeling all that well. Curiously enough, I also had a major craving for a doughnut from this little local doughnut shop by our house. At about 6:00 am, "not feeling well" had turned into contractions, and the doughnut craving raged on. Kevin offered to go get me a doughnut, but I convinced Kevin that I was OK to drive and really wanted to go myself. I hopped into the car and drove to the doughnut store. While the man was packaging up my sugary treats, I noticed a chalkboard on the wall. Written on the board was a single quote - "Lord, help me remember that nothing is going to happen to me today that you and I together can't handle."
It was a little sign from God, a reassurance that He would get me through the delivery of my baby. I snapped a picture of the board on my camera-phone and Kevin read it to me throughout the day and night until Clayton was born. What an amazing God we have that led me to just the right place at just the right time to see his message of reassurance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so special! And of course now, after reading it, I want a doughnut!!!