Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Key Lime Cove!

For our mini "spring vacation", we decided to book a night at Key Lime Cove, the indoor waterpark in Gurnee. The kids have never stayed in a hotel before and we've never been to a waterpark, but thought they would really love it after a long Chicago winter. And the verdict?  They loved it!  Even Austin, who is very skeptical of anything that has to do with water, warmed up to it and had a great time.
The absolute glee on Caroline and Clayton's faces as they raced down the waterslides was priceless. I WISH I had a video of them because I would love to see it again.
I didn't get the greatest pictures because my non-waterproof camera was hidden away most of the time.
Unfortunately, Kevin came down with a wicked case of the stomach flu the night we got there, so he had to abandon ship and go home. Next time Daddy!








After our trip, I've never seen such tired children. They actually SLEPT IN the next morning. (And if you know my kids, they never sleep in. ) It killed me to actually have to wake them up for school!

No comments: