Sunday, February 23, 2014

Lobster

Our local Jewel just put in a lobster tank and Clayton is obsessed with it. He always needs to go visit it every time we are grocery shopping. So, one night, I decided to surprise everyone with a live one. I brought it home and instantly, everyone started screaming. They climbed on the counter terrified, eventhough the poor thing just stood on the floor barely moving.  I had expected it to crawl all over the floor while the kids "played" with it. Nope. "What should we name it?" I asked. Austin piped up first with "We should name it "throw-it-away" because I want to throw it away. "  I should have known. The kid has too much of my genes and definitely is NOT an animal-lover.  After seeing that the poor thing barely moved for several minutes, they finally warmed up enough to get on the floor with it.

And the verdict?
No one likes lobster, except for me.  :(
I think this will be the last lobsta in the house for while!

No comments: