Sunday, August 04, 2013

latest home improvements...

 
This spring, Clayton started waking up earlier than usual, and complained that the light peeked through the sides of the shade. The cream-colored curtains in their room are thin and the light went right through them. To solve for this, I sewed strips of blackout material to the ends of the curtains, and added a red panel to each end.  Now their room stays super dark and the curtains are more than just the plain-jane cream.  Yay!
 
Ever since we moved into our house (almost 10 years ago), I have had a strong dislike for the kitchen table and chairs we have. (They are from Kevin's bachelor days and just aren't my style.)  Plus, there were only 4 chairs, so we had 2 mis-matched additional chairs that the boys sat in.  Ugh!
 
I found 6 matching chairs at a garage sale earlier this summer that had a shape and style that I liked.  Some new fabric and paint... (actually weeks of sanding, priming, painting, and then polychrilic glossing, and reupholstering the cushions...a bit longer of a project than I had originally envisioned...)
They turned from this:
to this:

 I LOVE my "new" chairs! They make the kitchen table look so much better!
 

No comments: