Thursday, September 03, 2015

Bay View, Michigan - part 1 - "the dock" and around campus

I drove the kids up to Bay view, Michigan for 5 days in the beginning of August. My mom and my sister and her children joined us in my grandmother's cottage. It was such a memorable time and it was wonderful to spend some low-key time together. Usually, we get together for occasions, but this time, it was just to spend quality time in a favorite place.





























Playing at "club", the Fawns park




 Gaga ball by Swift field


 Dinner on the patio
 Kilwin's ice cream!
 Sunday Vespers at the Hall Auditorium


The iconic Bay View swings


 scootering around Bay View...
 The chapel... it is still crazy to me that this was the "arts and crafts cabin" when we were growing up.

A walk down memory lane in the "blue cottage" where we spent many a summer.
The strange part? Almost everything is still the same...like even the sheets and towels.
The old shag carpet in Meredith's old bedroom that was nasty when we stayed there? Yep, still there. The funky bathroom upstairs. The same. Even the smell is the same.
And oddly enough, our old "artwork" is all over the cottage! You would have thought that the  new owners would take down paintings and random crafts from kids they don't even know.
I found evidence everywhere of the painting phase I went through as a young teen.




 The ugly lamp I made at club? Really?






No comments: