Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Caroline turns 5!

My sweet Caroline just turned FIVE years old. I can't believe it was FIVE years ago that my beautiful daughter, my firstborn, came into the world. What an amazing five years it has been. I love you Caroline Elizabeth!

February 19th was mostly spent preparing for the "friend" birthday party, and the extended family dinner that were the next day. At dinner time, however, I hung up the towel, finally sat down and we were treated to carry-out sushi from our favorite sushi restaurant. Yes - Caroline and I both LOVE sushi! Then we got to eat the delicious bakery birthday cake, compliments of BB!


Caroline had 10 of her preschool classmates over for a fairy birthday party.
I had so much fun decorating!

We made fairy - toadstool birthday cakes for the parties.

I made fairy crowns and flower fairy hair barrettes as party favors.

And, of course, all the girls got to pick out pixie wings!

We played a number of games - like "find the puzzle pieces and then assemble the fairy puzzle...

musical flowers (musical chairs, but with flowers instead of chairs), duck duck goose, and hot potato (with a fairy, of course!) The girls also got to make colored bead necklaces.

Then the girls had cake and fairy punch.




It was a very fairy party!
After that, Caroline' grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, great grandmother, and Godparents all came over for a birthday dinner.


What a day!

No comments: